Benjamin Hailstone - Swipe File #4
This video discusses the meaning and significance of trials in our life. It is the story of a young girl who is suffering from a rare and difficult medical condition, but has found ways to lift and bless others lives, and be active, involved, and loving even in her difficulties. It also includes some words from a religious leader named Robert D. Hales about some of reasons we have trials, as well as some of the comping mechanisms that we can use to help us through the trials in life that we don't deserve. This has significance for me, because someone I love is going through a really hard trial that she doesn't deserve. I had an "awareness of excellence" when I watched this video, and it helped me to feel better about the challenges that people face in life. I think I want to use some of the principles outlined in this video in a hero story that I'm working on.
Comments
I had never thought so poignantly about the privilege of eating.
My next bite of food will be with gratitude.