Novels In Biology

I sit next to Lauren in biology. She asked me what a good last name for a character would be. I could not come up with a good last name for her. So, I came home and looked in the magical baby name book. Oddly enough, there is a section of names inspired by people and it just so happens to have their names right next to it! I honestly have no idea what their names mean, so I'll just make a short list of them. If you happen to have names already for all your characters, you can just skip this.

Warhol, Monet, Degas, Kahlo, Matisse, Klimt, Keene, Lessing, Atwood, Piercy, Verne, Whitman, Finch, Trask, Schmidt, Etticoat, and so on.

Another great thing to do is to look into old family trees. Even a brief internet search of names of a certain origin would help. Honestly, the older the name, the better.
Good Luck with your writing guys!

Comments

Debbie Frampton said…
Again, great advice. I have gotten my character names from old family trees.
Unknown said…
Oh my gosh! I love this so much, thanks!

...I can't believe I just found this. *And the award for the worst person ever goes to...

Popular posts from this blog

I THOUGHT THEY FORECASTED BRAINSTORMS!

GET THE BALL ROLLING