Words of Inspiration

These aren't actually my words of advice, there Brandon Sanderson's but I'll put them here anyway. Because I noticed that when I was writing in class, on the uncomfortable paper that has no Ctrl Z, that I didn't enjoy myself as much as when I felt like I was joking around with myself while I wrote. I felt like sometimes when I wrote I would be cracking jokes with myself over characters who still had never been added to the book. That's what writing should be like. It should be because you enjoy the story so much that milk shoots out of your nose, you know like it does when you are for some reason drinking milk and writing. So after all of that here's Brandon Sanderson's writing advice.

"Maybe that fire has been sparked for you, and you don’t know it. But even if it hasn’t been, you should write as if it has. Because this thing you’re doing isn’t about publication, bestseller lists, or reviews. It’s about you, your story, and the victory inherent in completion."

The point of the quote is that you should write basically to tell yourself the story and not anyone else, having millions of other people reading it is just creepy and makes you filthy rich.

Comments

Debbie Frampton said…
I love this advice. So well said.

Popular posts from this blog

I THOUGHT THEY FORECASTED BRAINSTORMS!

GET THE BALL ROLLING