Writing is hard, and other stories (WEEK 4)


My current word count is 8851. This entire weekend had killed me, along with spring break. Reaching my goal to at least 15,000 to 20,000 now seems further than ever.

In a nutshell, writing is really hard. And I want to cry all the time.

Halp.

Comments

Snarky Pants said…
Take a walk around your neighbor hood, read a book. Get those creativity juices flowing. Blood is the source of all life in your novel. Now, I'm not saying to pull a twilight. Vampirism is not the source of all life. Movement and nature are definite ways to get your brain moving. The Internet is a bad place to look. Read a book of paper print. Don't be afraid to write bad. Save the editing and revising for later. The only reason to look back over what you wrote is to know where you are (like the paragraph before the unwritten one) and the name of a character that you can't remember (I've done that multiple times). Anything can create a spark, so be sure to catch it to start your fire of creativity. You got this!
Mason Butler said…
You've helped spark creativity.
Thanks for the help- I didn't think it would be that hard to write all this stuff- but I guess life just happens sometimes to get in your way. Thanks for taking the time to help out a friend. That was very kind of you.

Today I wrote 1,400 words, so hopefully I can pull it around a little bit.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Keep rocking.
Unknown said…
YES YES YES. Rowena rocks. Creativity rocks. 1,400 words rocks.
Debbie Frampton said…
Yes, fantastic advice. I love it. Rowena is our mascot!

(p.s. I burst out laughing when I read that you want to cry all the time. You are so cute)

I actually thought the Olan Rogers video was inspiring. How to tell a story. So important.

Popular posts from this blog

I THOUGHT THEY FORECASTED BRAINSTORMS!

GET THE BALL ROLLING