I want the sandman to give me a black eye
![]() |
| LET IT END, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, LET ME SLEEP |
Just a last few weeks of the run. It is the most painful part, to be sure, but the most worth it. Although the rest of school is going to prove a hurdle, I'm sure that we can make it. It's really so close.
I finished with 15842 words. About 16,000. From the beginning, I thought it was totally possible to hit 50,000, especially since writing 1,500 words every day should be "Easy."
However, it did not prove to be so!
Finding an extra hour out of your time every day to get your thoughts into cohesive work on the same project was difficult.
And my writing process is strange. I find that planning helps me out a lot, but drawing and visualizing scenes helps as well. I find that if I can see it in my mind, then it will find it's way onto paper. Sometimes I can just vomit out the words, and then I will try to craft them to perfection. It's difficult to see myself down the road in ten years actually seeing this and thinking it wasn't a total piece of garbage. That's one of my concerns, is that it will be something that I will have regrets about making will make me the butt of the jokes of my future roommates. I can't believe that would theoretically do that to me!
Point being, writing is tough. But tough things are always worth more in the end. Just as Frodo and Sam carried the ring into Mordor, I will push through the rest of school and my novel. I will make good things happen.

Comments